|Day Available||Day 2|
|Location||Gymnasium: Athletics area|
|Passing Grade||Complete instructions (1 and 3) or win dodgeball (2, 4, and 5)|
- For the building, see Gymnasium.
- "I heard it's best to avoid Mr. Burton's gym class if you're a girl. Or a boy. He's just not nice."
- ―Angie Ng
Jimmy does two activities during Gym class: wrestling and dodgeball.
During wrestling, Jimmy's opponent is invariably Fatty. Watching the matches are Kirby and Gord together, Casey by himself, and Ivan, Trevor, and Constantinos together. The cheerleaders are there also, one instance of Angie and Christy there together, and a second instance of them along with Pinky.
Wrestling class is used to unlock new fighting moves. The player is taught the button input to perform the move, and must successfully perform it twice to unlock it. Once all moves have been unlocked, Fatty starts taking damage and Jimmy must knock him out to pass. Gym 1 teaches Jimmy the headbutt and the three strike combo. Passing it unlocks those two moves and the gut slug. Gym 3 teaches Jimmy the kneedrop and the three hit ground combo. It is impossible to fail wrestling lessons. Fatty doesn't fight back and there is neither a time limit nor a limit on amount of tries the player gets to perform a move.
During dodgeball, Jimmy is forced to team with three of the Nerds: Algie, Bucky and Thad. Unused dialogue states that Burton put Jimmy on the Nerds team out of spite. Winning at dodgeball class improves Jimmy's accuracy with the slingshot.
Gym 1 is available after This Is Your School, but Gym 2 does not become available until Jimmy has obtained the slingshot by finishing the mission The Setup. Gym is the one class Jimmy can't take over again after passing it. Instead, he can start games of dodgeball for money wagers against Townies.
There is a very easy way to win dodgeball games. While you have the ball, jump while running towards the middle and throw the ball. This will hit an opposite team member 99% of the time. Also, the ball will roll back on your side of the court, making it impossible for the other team to even grab the ball.
Classes and Rewards
|Gym 1||Wrestling||Headbutt and 3-Hit Combo Unlocked|
|Gym 2||Dodgeball vs Preppies||Weapon Accuracy Improved|
|Gym 3||Wrestling||Knee Drop Unlocked|
Wrestling Headgear trophy
|Gym 4||Dodgeball vs Greasers||Weapon Accuracy Improved|
|Gym 5||Dodgeball vs Jocks||Weapon Accuracy Improved|
- In Scholarship Edition, after the player completing all five levels of Gym class, "Classes Skipped" stat will be automatically counted everytime the player go to classes or sleep to the next-game day.
- In the data files, a version of Luis in a wrestling singlet was found. It's unknown why he was removed. Presumably he was intended to be an opponent who fights back, unlike Fatty.
- Because the wrestling portion of the Gym class is mainly intended for the player to earn new fighting moves, most of the moves taught there would not be legal in any amateur wrestling competition.
- Although it is impossible to fail the wrestling portion of the class, Dr. Crabblesnitch has quotes should the player fail the class and then sent into detention. There are four variations of the quote (like with other rarely-used class failure quotes for detention use), but there is only one for dodgeball, which can be failed.
- Mr. Burton still teaches this class after he is fired (similar to Math class, after Mr. Hattrick was also fired).